The foundation of this school was laid in 1922 as a Middle School. It was upgrade to district board high school in 1945 and secondary classes were started in the same year. It was nationalized by the GOVT in 1960 and given name as "GOVT High School School KHEWRA". It is very old institution. It produced great educatinist, Doctors, Army Officers, Engineers and International Hocky Players.
Dr ABDUL LATIF (Ph-D)
Chairman Chemistry Department
Islamia University Bahawalpur
Dr ZAHEER AHMED
Director Shifa International Hospital Islamabad
International Hocky Player
International Hocky Player
were the old Student of this School
0544-211133 (Sr Headmaster)
Join The GOVT High School Khewra's Community at Facebook:
Mili Nagma Performance of GHSK Students
The Winnington School located inside ICI Pakistan’s Soda Ash Khewra estate caters to the educational need of the staff children and the community in and around Khewra. At present 73% of the students are from the community and 27% of the students are children of the employees. The school is run with the support of competent and dedicated staff members and is governed by a Board of Governors, which includes senior management staff of ICI Soda Ash Business. The School is up to Secondary level.
In 1987 the first school in the chain of Tameer-e-Millat Foundation Schools was established in Khewra, Tehsil Pind Dadan Khan, District Jhelum. Out of one million population, 60 percent are literate.
• The success of Khewra School has become a milestone in the educational journey that gave rise to an organized effort of TMF.
• Covering an area of three acres, today's Khewra School is providing education to girls and boys in different campuses namely, TM Boys High School Khewra and TM Girls High School Khewra.
• Currently 272 boys and 381 girls, under the supervision of 33 hardworking teachers are getting education.
• It is a hub of basic educational facilities like science and computer laboratories, library, playgrounds and an Islamic centre.
• The first batch appeared in High School Examination in 1991 and gained 100 percent result.
• Moreover, since 2001 the school has been providing vocational training to females. Nearly 300 girls have been passed out and presently about 28 are getting training from the centre.
Alberuni College is serving this area for post high-school education (named after Abu Rayhan Alberuni Scientist & Physicist who calculated the Earth's circumference at a small town Katas Raj of Pind Dadan Khan, District Jhelum
P.D. Khan is located at the right bank of river Jhelum at a distance of about 86 km from Jhelum and at a distance of 21 km from Motor Way (M-2) Lillah interchange in its East. The main stream of river Jhelum passes at a distance of 3-4 km at its south.
Women College Khewra (A Welfare Project of PMDC (Pvt) Ltd.) was established in the year 2002. The principle activities of the college are to provide higher secondary education.